Tartan Trojans: DOOOOOCTOOOOR!!!

Thursday, April 15, 2010

DOOOOOCTOOOOR!!!

Happy extremely belated Easter! Hope everyone had a great time and pigged out on chocolate.

I got to spend my Easter down in Cardiff with five kids, four of whom are under 8. Now I love kids but I kind of suck at looking after them so I spent most of the time trying to communicate with them while keeping an eye on my shoes that were being tested out by the youngest a la Buster Keaton. They are adorable, really really adorable, and I love them to death. I'm just glad I'm not looking after them 24/7. But there was FOOD! Sooo much food! Pork roast, beef roast, Yorkshire pudding, parsnips, chocolate, wine gums, mmmmm.

I also went to the Doctor Who exhibition, which is a little slice of heaven in itself. The little ones were kind of scared going through the Dalek section, which I honestly can't blame them for, but other than that it was this nice array of props and costumes from the 10th Doctor seasons. I know there's more to the series than just David Tennant, but it isn't until his series that Cardiff features since it overlaps with Torchwood a fair amount.



Because I am not 6' tall and/or John Barrowman, I couldn't really cling to one side of the TARDIS yelling "DOOOOOOOOCTOOOOOOOR" as it travelled to the end of time. So I had to settle for, well, cuddling a corner of it.



Also, after watching the Doctor Who episode of Never Mind the Buzzcocks, I cannot look at an Ood the same way again.




Or a Dalek. Watch it and you'll see what I mean. I'll say no more or fanfiction writers will get ideas, if they haven't written it already.



But there's always the gorgeous Captain Jack. So omnisexual, the only way you can get original when writing about Torchwood is to create a heterosexual romantic pairing.

So that was the extent of my Easter weekend! Was definitely sad to leave so early, but I had to go home and prepare for the USC Highlands tour later that week. More to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment