Tartan Trojans: First day at Parliament with legitimacy!

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

First day at Parliament with legitimacy!

Hello, people! I owe you a London post, and it will come in due time because it was an AWESOME weekend, but between exams and papers I will have to wait a bit before I have time to sit down and write it all out.

Anyway, an awesome weekend was followed by a very horrible yesterday where I had both a cough and the cranky mother-in-law of headaches, to the point where I lay on the bed to rest while watching the Olympics and promptly passed out during the ice dance. At least I got a full 10 hours of sleep!

Today was pretty chill, though. I FINALLY got my security pass so I don't have to get frisked at the public entrance every time, and began tackling the various tasks available. For the record, I am working with Cathy Jamieson, whom is also running for MP this coming May, and while it hasn't been finalised yet, I will most likely be researching healthcare in the more rural areas of west Scotland, where her constituency is. I'm looking at cancer rates and treatment options, but I'm also curious about mental health and out of hospital treatment plans, so hopefully I can narrow that down to something more coherent. I will also be helping out occasionally for her election campaign, so I can't wait to get out there and explore the area.

Also, the cafe for MSPs and staff is adorable and has yummy food! And coffee is always a couple of hundred feet away.

Studying in the middle of this kind of blows, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow when Cathy comes in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment