Tartan Trojans: *COUGH*

Thursday, March 4, 2010

*COUGH*

So, I'm still kind of sick. I have this crazy cough that won't go away and which gets worse at night, and is definitely a distraction at work. I owe people a London post, so I promise I'll get it up once this paper is done!

One perk of working and having a regular schedule where you're pretty much done after 5 (extra research on projects is optional) is that I've been hanging out more with the flatmates, especially during dinner time and afterwards, which is pretty sweet, and hopefully we can have a flat-wide meal at some point.

I'm slowly coming to the realisation that this internship has about 7 weeks to go, which is pretty terrifying in a way. Normally I wouldn't think about it, but I was trying to plan out the scope of my project, and I realised that 7 weeks is pushing it for the amount I want to cover. I'm actually really really into this whole cancer research thing, although statistics was never my strong point, and I'm still working out my focus point at this moment.

On the side, the little administrative tasks do break the momentum, and I'm finally learning how to use the phone properly with referring callers to the right office and transferring connections and all that. Since Cathy spends most of her time out west and no one comes in Mondays, as of next week, I'll be helping out in the Labour campaign office....I'm curious to see how it compares to Hong Kong.

And after Friday....horse racing and dim sum! :)

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy races!
    ...and talk to me about this dim sum. Is it anything I can come to? I've been craving it for something like 3 years now and not had any! :O

    ReplyDelete