Tartan Trojans: Should be writing my paper, but...

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Should be writing my paper, but...

One and a half weeks down!
I'm currently chilling in the library. Our last assessment for the classes is due Friday, in the form of a mid-size paper. There were two tests, and those are happily over and went rather well. Naturally, I can't wait until there's nothing to think about but parli work!

I've slowly picked up more duties in the office... I'm handling RSVPs, investigating little issues to see if they are worth a PQ (Parliamentary Question; an inquiry posed to the Government that must be answered by the responsible minister) etc. Also! I'm keeping track of who has spoken at debates and asked PQs for David, since he's the chief whip and responsible for managing the party's participation in the debates and votes.

Most refreshing of all, though, is a talk I had with Peter, another one of my 3 MSPs (I promise, it's entirely legit to call them by their first names). I knew I was working on rural broadband availability for him, but he had a chance to sit me down and go over what's been done, what more has to BE done, etc... This is probably what my formal research project will be on, even though I'm still involved on the Forth Crossing Bill.

Phew. I'm totally tired out, but very happy to be doing what I am! Hopefully going to actually get to bed early tonight. Enjoying the freedom. Also, going to Kelso for some horse-racing with the USC folks on Saturday! I'll try to actually bring the camera to that one, since I bet photos will be in order.

1 comment:

  1. Yes please to horseracing photos! Love those colorful silks and big crowds. Good luck on your paper!

    ReplyDelete