Tartan Trojans: Pictures!

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Pictures!

Went on a lovely adventure today! Popped up at 7:30, which is always great, 'cause it's like I've gotten the gift of a morning to enjoy. Probably happens more often when the night before is less than exciting, but it's a trade-off I'd make in a second.

Wandered off to the National Gallery of Modern Art, which I really liked quite a lot. As well as a bunch of excellent surrealist pieces (mostly from the 30s) the whole second floor was a display of photographs by Diane Arbus, an American artist shooting in the 60's, mostly. A lot of the stuff came off as initially disturbing, as she tended to photograph people on the margins of society, but having all these works collected in one place gave a comforting sense of the breadth of humanity. I was very into it by the end (a quick google search will give a sense of her stuff).

Anyway, I took along the camera to chart my journey! It was the first sunny day in forever, and I loved it oh so much. It would take forever to cross-post all the photos, but here's a link to the Facebook album I put them in. It should be entirely open to the public, but let me know if you have any trouble viewing it (cpassare(at)usc.edu)


Much love from Scotland,
Chris

1 comment:

  1. The promise of picures was enough to get me to sign-in to facebook, first time in almost three months. Love the comments. When we saw the stained glass outside, I hoped you'd go inside - modern but attractive. Can tell the weather is colder there - our daffodils have come and gone...

    ReplyDelete