Tartan Trojans: "Charlie bit me!"

Monday, March 1, 2010

"Charlie bit me!"

I just had this encounter about half an hour ago. Please imagine the conversation with the girls speaking in Scottish accents:

Me: (walking down the Royal Mile)

(stepping around a bunch of little primary school-age girls chattering away)

Little girl 1: Excuse me!

Me: Mm?

Little girl: Don't you think he's ugly? *brandishes poster of Justin Bieber, some child singer I've heard about but don't pay attention to* He's ugly, isn't he?

Little girl 2: No he's not!

Little girl 1: Yes he is! Don't you agree? Look at him! He's ugly!

(At this point, I've stopped walking, and they're skipping along)

Me: Um, well, isn't he like 14?

Chorus of little girls: YES! (actually 16 now that I checked)

Me: Um--

Little girl 1: He really is ugly!

Little girl 2: No he isn't!

Me: Well, I've heard of him, but I don't really know that much...

Little girl 1: Oh...

(girls run off giggling)

Ah, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment