Tartan Trojans

Sunday, January 24, 2010

(By Chris)
Man, how the momentum of everything has just picked up! Between classes, various intern tours, etc. it's been hard to find time to update this. ...I mean, there's totally time, but there're so many other exciting things to be doing!

There's a totally amazing Italian place on the corner, which I think I mentioned earlier... Here we have a delicious cappuccino, with house-made prosciutto + mushroom tortellini! Part of our intern homework is doing media reviews, where we check coverage from different sources on the same stories to get a feel for Scottish media, the various newspapers and their editorial leanings, etc. Anyone that knows me knows that's exactly the kind of project I love, so I got to have d go at the Scotsman and the Herald (the rival Edinburgh and Glasgow papers, respectively) with a highlighter over some magnificent pasta. Victory.
Went on a bus tour with some folks, too! That way I got to go up north a bit and see Leith and the port, 'cause otherwise it's a little tough to get there. Also, those open tourist buses are excellent for taking pictures of Parliament!
I've taken to wearing my sandals. With the snow gone, I'm gonna rep my homeland! Ultimately, I'm more Californian than I am sensible when it comes to footwear.

This is Lauren! She is awesome, and we had an epic trek up Arthur's Seat. We're like cute, dorky fourth graders, we've decided. :D
And here is me + Leith! (and the Firth of Forth, with Fife beyond that)
I just have to take this opportunity to thank everyone that's helped me get here. My dear parents, all the generous family members who gave me spending money, USC for offering such opportunities... I haven't even started the parliamentary work yet, and this is already the experience of a lifetime. Cheers!
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Chrispy, you DO look like a dorky 4th grader, albeit a very incredibly happy one. haha!

    ReplyDelete