Tartan Trojans: Productive tourism :)

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Productive tourism :)

(By Rachel)

I had a lovely productive day, and by "productive" I mean "visited 2 tourist attractions in 2 completely different locations and then did some much needed shopping".

We were told earlier by Paddy that Leith was a bit of a yuppie place that most self-respecting people wouldn't choose to live in, but the big draw for me was Her Majesty's Yacht Britannia, which is moored down at Leith docks. So after visiting Holyrood Palace (former residence of Mary Queen of Scots and current summer residence of Her Majesty), I took the bus down to Leith. The visitor's centre for the yacht is inside a decent shopping mall, so I stayed a little longer and found an SD card reader! Yay! So this post will be updated later with pics and tales (and the previous post has some pics to decorate it now too)!

No comments:

Post a Comment