Tartan Trojans: Scottish Breakfast!

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Scottish Breakfast!

(By Chris)

The traditional Scottish breakfast is amazing, for the record. in the case above, I actually forgot to take the picture until I was part-way through, but it still gives a full representation of the platter-'o-awesome. Clockwise from the upper left, there's toast, an egg, a potato scone ("tattie scone"), black pudding, beans, hash browns, bacon (more like salty ham, in American lingo), sausage, and... in that hole in the center, there used to be haggis. It turns out that it's totally fantastic, with a unique, gamey flavor that makes it worth the gastronomic leap. There's no way one could eat this with any regularity and stay trim, but for an occasional weekendy treat it's perfect.

We got our orientation today and got shown around campus, too! I'm absolutely exhausted though, less from jetlag and more because I haven't gotten much sleep 'cause my flatmates are too much fun. Not complaining at all, but with actual obligations tomorrow (advising, classes?, etc), I'll probably turn in very early. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment